Announcing CESBA’s New Membership Structure
CESBA* is the Voice of School Board Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education Programs in Ontario. CESBA Members Support Over 200,000 Learners in Programs in Ontario each Year.
CESBA Matters Because We:
- Do Honest Reporting on Issues In A & CE (via emails, news bulletins at conferences and regional meetings);
- Conferences with the Province’s Foremost thinkers on adult learning and teaching;
- Share Relevant Information and Best Practices in many A&CE areas such as literacy, numeracy, ESL/FSL, Adult PLAR, International Languages, Employment and Skills Development and others;
- Meet with key decision makers in the public, private and non-profit sectors to update their knowledge on the value of adult and continuing education; including the need for system coordination and further long term supports for vulnerable learners;
- Provide venues such as regional meetings where staff can meet to discuss day to day challenges of working in A&CE and develop solutions to address them (CESBA is introducing two new regional meetings in 2014 – one in Central Ontario and the other is in Eastern Ontario);
- Make connections between skill development, adult and con education, employment and prosperity and helping decision makers understand the links between them;
- Develop administrative and educational tools that assist staff to assess the knowledge and skills that learners bring to their programs.
*CESBA (the Ontario Association of Adult & Continuing Education School Board Administrators of Ontario) is a network of 56 school boards (English, French, Catholic and Public) in Ontario that provide a range of supports such as information, tools, and networking opportunities to A&CE program staff in Ontario. CESBA was started in 1999 and is incorporated as a non-profit organization in Ontario. It is governed by 8 directors, all from the A&CE sector in Ontario.
For more information:
120 – 215 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, ON M6R 3B9
Tel: Ann Salmon 416.597.1904 Ext. 3